Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mr. Patrick Nutt


Oh, my goodness, I had no idea how HUGE it is that we have Mr. Patrick Nutt here at Longwood. He is claimed to be the "most authoritative and knowledgable person alive" by the International Water Lily Collection. WOW. The best person in the whole entire world to ask any question about water lilies is within my easy reach. And to top that, he introduced himself to me while I was working in the gardens one day! I knew that Pat was "something" when Ed Sommers told me Pat was a "walking encyclopedia," but it wasn't until I came home today from the lily pools to do some research on Eureali furox (according to Ed--huh???) that I realized the caliber of the man I so casually chat with at Longwood. I'm going to have a hard time not kissing his feet next time I see him.

Patrick Nutt: The Water Lily Man

No comments:

Post a Comment